Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sambo
    Sniper
    • Jun 2004

LOL... "put the glass down slowly and step away from the bar".

How you doing lms2?
    Go home the Earth is full....

Comment

• lms2

good. how are you?

Comment

• sambo
        Sniper
        • Jun 2004

Staying out of trouble .. working away, 9.30am here and I have friends arriving from interstate in about 30 mins. They are staying with me for a week on their holidays.

Apart from that, pretty good. Got a big group of us heading to the Spring (Horse) Racing Carnival this weekend so that should be good. I don't normally bet but it is a great day out, the girls get to frock up and it's all good - a lot of fun..

Comment

• lms2

Sounds like a good time.

Us women just love to get frocked up and watch our men loose money!

Comment

• sambo
            Sniper
            • Jun 2004

Hahaha that's hilarious, cos as the day gets on and the more champagne and beer consumed, that's how it pans out for most.

You've been before haven't you?

Comment

• lms2

I went to the greyhound races once with my boyfriend... Never been to see live horseraces, yet.

Comment

• sambo
                Sniper
                • Jun 2004

I've only been going for the last 3 years... same day every year...pretty much same group of people, but this year its gone from 8 to 14 people. Last year they had 110,000 people on the one day.

And it should be a hot one this year.. fingers crossed. Last year it rained and it's not a pretty sight - girls with their shoes in one hand, bottle of champagne with a straw in the other..guys just covered in mud, not caring...

So yeah, kinda looking forward to it.

Is it too early to have a drink? I've been at work since 5am, just one?

Comment

• lms2

What can I get you?

Comment

• sambo
                    Sniper
                    • Jun 2004

Bloody Mary in a tall glass would be sensational, thanks!

Comment

• lms2

Coming right up.

Women drink champagne through a straw?

So what is the special day that everyone goes to the races on this particular day?

Comment

• sambo
                        Sniper
                        • Jun 2004

Thank you.

Yep they do, they serve Champagne in smaller bottles, probably 400ml.

A lot of the younger girls drink it like it's a Vodka Cruiser or something like that. They usually end up smashed by lunchtime and there are certainly some shockers about.

Every Spring, Melbourne has a huge horse racing carnival that stretches over a few weeks, with the headline being the Melbourne Cup next Tuesday (even a public holiday for us in Melbourne - can you believe that?... for a horse race!!!). It attracts a lot of overseas media and horses.

The Melbourne Cup day itself is a bit of a zoo, so we like to go to one of the other days where it is a little "calmer". The have differently named days for the whole week. Derby Day, Oaks Day, Stakes Day, Cup Day etc. All except 2 of these fall on a weekday, so we like to go to Derby Day, probably the second biggest event on the calendar.

Comment

• lms2

Wow... you guys really take your horse racing seriously. Hope you all have a great time!

Comment

• sambo
                            Sniper
                            • Jun 2004

Thanks.. I'm sure there wil be stories and photos...

I just go for the laughs and the great day out with some good friends.. I'm not that big on horse racing.. but the atmosphere is pretty good.

Comment

• Dan
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

Who's drinking at The Roth Army Bar tonight?
                              First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Apr 2004

it's Cold Duck Time!
                                “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

Working...