• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MAX
    Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Votes

First off, I apologize for bringing this shit up but I'm a vain fucker and I'm sick and fucking tired of obvious pathetic losers (who have nothing better to do with their sad lives) who keep registering here only to throw a certain group of us negative votes. So, I was wondering if is there any way that something can be set up so people cannot fucking vote unless they have a certain amount of posts or something? I know this may seem petty but there are a few of us around here that keep getting our user rating brought down by obvious aliases who just create them to give a very specific group of us negative votes. It's really pissing me off. I love negative votes if I piss off a legitimate poster on the board. Tis' kewl, well deserved and earned. Howeva, these fucking alias votes need to go. IMO

Case in point, I finally got back up to my five star status then over the course of one night I received a few votes from people who had just registered and had no posts. This has been going on for quite some time. However, it's obvious that whomever's doing it has a pathetic agenda cos it's the same group of people (including myself) who get said negative votes.

A few recent examples and all of these "people" threw negative votes to a specific group of us as they always seem to do. This is just the most recent wave and I'm fucking sick of this childish bullshit.

KISS KISS

swedishblond

Fab's tits

casa-in-point

StarJammer

Like I've said, I'm only now and finally bringing this shit up cos I know of four specific posters (once again, myself included) who all dropped from five to four stars after this wave of votes from these names.

Thanks and rant off.
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!
  • thome
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Mar 2005

I gave you a positive rating 5 if thats the way to vote i dont even understand everything about this site yet If what u said is true
    its probably back to idiots on keyboards

Comment

• DLR7884
      ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

I love having 4 stars.

DLR7884
      Fuck, I didn't even notice I have 100 votes now!
      Originally Posted by WARF:
      DLR7884 - This guy is one bad ass sonafabitch... I've seen him destroy peoples posting careers in a single sentence.

Comment

• MAX
        Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DLR7884
        I love having 4 stars.

DLR7884
        Bro, it's not the rating per-say that has me pissed off. Four stars, five stars, whateva. It's that an obvious and specific group of us keep getting our votes spammed by certain losers who have nothing better to do. It's just dumb. All I was saying is that maybe the voting thing shouldn't even be allowed unless someone has a certain amount of posts.
        EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• DLR7884
          ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by MAX
          Bro, it's not the rating per-say that has me pissed off. Four stars, five stars, whateva. It's that an obvious and specific group of us keep getting our votes spammed by certain losers who have nothing better to do. It's just dumb. All I was saying is that maybe the voting thing shouldn't even be allowed unless someone has a certain amount of posts.

I agree with that.

I also think that you need to have a certain # of posts or be here for a set time before you can start a thread.

DLR7884
          How's those ideas sound to you?
          DLR7884 - This guy is one bad ass sonafabitch... I've seen him destroy peoples posting careers in a single sentence.

Comment

• MAX
            Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

I agree with that.

I also think that you need to have a certain # of posts or be here for a set time before you can start a thread.

DLR7884
            You're the Man in Main and having personally gone through the stuff prior myself, I completely agree.
            EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• rustoffa
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

I agree with that.

DLR7884
              Sounds good to me bro.

And then, after the first thread is offered up, it's automatically a poll in feedback where senior members either designate the postee "Summers Eve" or "Monistat 7" status.....or some shit.

Comment

• DLR7884
                ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by rustoffa
                Sounds good to me bro.

And then, after the first thread is offered up, it's automatically a poll in feedback where senior members either designate the postee "Summers Eve" or "Monistat 7" status.....or some shit.

That would be great.

DLR7884
                Also, I'm not the man in MAIN, and if I am it's because of my fellow mods and those who came before me

Comment

• Ally_Kat
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

Re: Votes

Originally posted by MAX

KISS KISS

StarJammer
                  They voted for me, too.
                  Roth Army Militia

Comment

• academic punk
                    Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

I agree with that.

DLR7884
                    I actually have a devils advocate question regarding this: if someone has come to the site and is not looking to take part in a whole lot of gossip and whatnot (WHat? Gossip? here? Us??? NEVER!!!), they just have a specific question - or STATEMENT - to post, then they won't be able to do so.

Though this place is first and foremost a community, some folks just want to find out about a specific bootleg, or how to find a SkyScraper tour program, or to post that Roth was in their strip club over the weekend...

If they cannot start a thread till they've been here for a certain period of time, we all might miss out on something cool.

And if they have to have a certain # of posts before they can start a thread, we'll suddenly start seeing a lot of posts like this:

"fgkhfdsdsk"

"hdsfgdskjfgds"

""

Deal with the neg votes, I say. Because any solution is going to have loopholes.

And I'd hate to see this place to start getting a stick in its ass like the Links.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jul 2004

I received the same votes recently as you Maxi

Same trolls/aliases

I brought up the vote / thread starting "moratorium" idea as well a few weeks back.

as usual, rustoffa nailed it
                      Originally posted by Kristy
                      Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                      Originally posted by cadaverdog
                      I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• Loki
                        Roadie
                        • Nov 2004

put thine vanity aside. who wouldst place any stock in the popular vote?
                        "Art is a lie that tells the truth."

Comment

• academic punk
                          Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

Originally posted by Loki
                          put thine vanity aside. who wouldst place any stock in the popular vote?
                          The Norse God of Mischeif is right, you know.

It's the Electoral College that matters...

(FORD, would you like to add to this statement?)

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I love having 4 stars.

DLR7884
                            You know, you're right! It sorta' makes you feel like you're doing something, like pissing off the petty losers that can no longer really post here. I now take pride in my four-star rating!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

BTW, not all aliases are evil...

Comment

Working...