X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

U2 - Atomic City

So last we heard from U2, they had done a questionable album of remakes to coincide with Bono's book, and were planning some sort of Vegas residency in a giant globe, with a scab drummer.

Yet here we have the band - and yes, it's the full band, using the old flatbed truck gimmick (see the Rolling Stones & Ac/Dc circa 1975, and jazz bands before that, as Charlie Watts told us) driving down the Vegas strip to play a new single. And I wouldn't say it sounds exactly like classic 80s U2.... but it's probably closer to that than anything in the last decade or so.....

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Not bad not great, reminds me of the HTDAAB era circa 2005...

Comment

• twonabomber
      formerly F A T
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Live from the crowd on YouTube

Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
        ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Ever since the edge had to be a bit player in the band, I lost interest. Saw them on a recent tour and was just bored.
        sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Kristy
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Where muzak is heading, people. The only upshot about this gimmick is hopefully this "sphere" is soundproof and possible vision proof. U2 is a band that should never be seen and/or heard.

Comment

• twonabomber
            formerly F A T
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Multicam crowd video

Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Kristy
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Well, I just sold my soul. An ex-roommate of mine who now works as a nurse in Vegas is taking me to this in 3 weeks for my 94th birthday.

*sigh* It's U2 for fuck's sake.

Comment

• Kristy
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Well, that sucked the balls off of a dead dog. The only good review about seeing U2 in some corporatized crystal ball video game is that it's more visual than Bono. Oh, Bono is still an asshole, egotistical and boring and more in love with himself than Trump molesting the American flag. Dickhead Edge, and the other tow dickheads were innocuous except for Edge's over reliance on effects. A so-so show nowhere near as good as Depeche Mode as U2 is doing their best to be Depeche Mode knowing they're never be as great as Depeche Mode. So...fuck you, Bono, fuck your Euro-trashy interpretation of America.

Comment

• Von Halen
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

The Pat McAfee show spent $60k on a suite to see this show the week of the SB, and they have been lambasting it almost daily, since.

Comment

• Kristy
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

I was there for the Stupor Bowl. Getting the fuck out of Vegas on Monday was a nightmare. Southwest Airlines is the worst.

U2 sucks? Noooooo, really? The whole show is exactly like one of those failed jocks said, "pomp and circumstance." Now, if Depeche Mode played there it would have been beyond awesome. They are right "the sphere is the show" not U2

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

That song has elements of the Clash’s London Calling and Blondie’s Call Me. Not much else to say about it.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by twonabomber
                        Live from the crowd on YouTube

$1000 and you having to do a 10xZoom on your phone OF THE SCREEN so you can make out the band take a bow at the end.

Chris Kyle couldn't hit Bono from those seats...

Comment

• Catfish
                          Sniper
                          • Jan 2004

Fuck the Las Vegas Sphere. It's awesome from the outside. The inside is the worst idea of all time. I have not seen U2 there, but I did pay $100/ticket to see that dumb Postcards from Earth movie they play there. Complete waste of time and a bigger waste of money. And I can only imagine how bad seeing a band there is. You'll only be looking at the walls/screens because the band looks like ants. Or, you're low enough to see the band, but then you can't see the screens because of overhang from the seats above you.

Comment

• Von Halen
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Postcards From Earth? What a fag. I at least hope your boyfriend enjoyed it.

Comment

• Catfish
                              Sniper
                              • Jan 2004

Postcards from Earth is the only attraction at The Sphere, outside of seeing a band there. If you want to go there and see what all the fuss is, you buy a $100 ticket (like you did numerous times to see Van Hagar), and then you go inside and the movie plays.

You are pretty uneducated, Von Halen!

Comment

Working...