X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
    Do y'all believe that Trump is really that clever to pull off all that shit on his own or just a really good leader with a great talent to find and hire top-tier crooks to further his wealth..?

I'm leaning towards the later... but then wondering shouldn't that make him a great politician..?
    It’s not about Trump. It’s about non-politicians winning key positions that aren’t part of the two party system. There’s a lot of people in Washington DC who got rich while in office. They all have dirt on each other and so nobody goes after anyone. What criminals fear is outsiders not part of the well oiled corrupt system.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Do y'all believe that Trump is really that clever to pull off all that shit on his own or just a really good leader with a great talent to find and hire top-tier crooks to further his wealth..?

I'm leaning towards the later... but then wondering shouldn't that make him a great politician..?
      Well he's kind of gotten caught so not smart?

And even the stupid that have amassed money and power have a good firewall only they can fuck thorugh...

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Weird illogical post.

He was obviously a successful politician in that he managed to become president of the USA but that doesn't mean that was a good thing. Plenty of countries have had horrendous leaders throughout history - this is not a new thing.

As far as the great talent to find people thing I think as a voter you should really sit and think on that. If you think that Biden is too old and daft to be president I would say look at who he appoints to do the actual work. Did they get the work done? Compare that to Trump as president and the shitshow. Last time he said he would find all these amazing people - what actually happened? How many people did he appoint and then sack? Basically everyone. Twice.

Comment

• ZahZoo
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Yeah the premise of my post was somewhat illogical... but based on simple leadership constructs.

Most of the good and a few great leaders I've encountered are rarely the smartest person within a leadership team. Most have the instinct to make smart choices in who implements their vision, and all are strong negotiators/motivators.

Big government such as ours, though this doesn't really apply as much like in business. The party infrastructure combined with the "swamp/deep state" has a life of its own beyond the single person in various leadership positions... especially at the top.

Personally, I don't view Trump nor Biden great leaders but give Trump the edge over Biden as I don't believe Biden is doing much more than keeping a seat warm and consuming oxygen... others are driving the train.
          "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Terry
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Yeah the premise of my post was somewhat illogical... but based on simple leadership constructs.

Most of the good and a few great leaders I've encountered are rarely the smartest person within a leadership team. Most have the instinct to make smart choices in who implements their vision, and all are strong negotiators/motivators.

Big government such as ours, though this doesn't really apply as much like in business. The party infrastructure combined with the "swamp/deep state" has a life of its own beyond the single person in various leadership positions... especially at the top.

Personally, I don't view Trump nor Biden great leaders but give Trump the edge over Biden as I don't believe Biden is doing much more than keeping a seat warm and consuming oxygen... others are driving the train.
            It definitely feels that way now with Biden...a bit ga-ga/out to lunch, and I voted for the guy. No regrets whatsoever about that vote, either, but of it's Biden vs. Trump in 2024 (and even being fully aware that my vote doesn't matter in the least) I'm not even gonna bother going to the polls.
            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I think you are both fucking crazy. A vote for Trump is like a Russian Roulette roll of the dice. It only makes sense if you are already fucked.

Not that a couple of votes matter out of 120 million but it's worrying to me that you guys are thinking like that.

Von called out on here that Michigan was going to vote Trump in 2016 way before all the political podcasts and he only has a passing interest in politics or reality.

Let's face it everyone is so in their own little bubbles at this point this site is one of the few places you will even read things that haven't already been editorialised to confirm your existing thoughts.

The Democrats really really need to dump Biden as a candidate...

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Ya think? Aw come on. A demented geriatric is perfectly fit to be president.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Both political parties can go tits up as far as I’m concerned. Both are useless and corrupt.

Comment

• silverfish
                    Foot Soldier
                    • Mar 2007

Trump May Have to Throw His ‘Clown Car’ Full of Lawyers Under the Bus

Smith asked the judge to order Trump to declare whether he’ll argue that he relied on his attorneys’
                    advice while attempting to reverse his electoral defeat—which is a legal defense known as “advice of
                    counsel.”

The stakes are high. If Trump says “yes,” he’ll retain that defense to protect himself at trial—but he’ll
                    also be forced to hand over communications with those attorneys, which are typically held secret
                    under “attorney-client privilege.” If he says “no,” then he’ll retain that attorney-client privilege—but
                    leave himself less room to maneuver at trial.

“It’s a beautiful chess move,” Gene Rossi, a former federal prosecutor in the Eastern District of
                    Virginia, told VICE News. “This is Jack Smith going on offense. He’s saying: ‘Are you invoking the
                    attorney-client privilege? Or are you going to rely on the advice of counsel defense?’ Those two
                    positions are mutually exclusive.’”

Full story at:
                    Originally posted by sadaist
                    I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                      I think you are both fucking crazy. A vote for Trump is like a Russian Roulette roll of the dice. It only makes sense if you are already fucked.

Not that a couple of votes matter out of 120 million but it's worrying to me that you guys are thinking like that.

Von called out on here that Michigan was going to vote Trump in 2016 way before all the political podcasts and he only has a passing interest in politics or reality.

Let's face it everyone is so in their own little bubbles at this point this site is one of the few places you will even read things that haven't already been editorialised to confirm your existing thoughts.

The Democrats really really need to dump Biden as a candidate...
                      I really have no desire to vote for Trump... I'd much rather see new leadership emerge in either party.
                      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                        ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                        Both political parties can go tits up as far as I’m concerned. Both are useless and corrupt.
                        Current reality is really depressing. I would agree that it almost seems hopeless. Corruption is everywhere.
                        sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Things go in cycles. George Washington warned about political parties because they might be useful in the beginning but they eventually go corrupt and become part of the problem. Neither party is going to fix shit. What they have in common is the politicians in both stay in office long-term and get rich selling out. Then having two parties keeps the public arguing with each other and they continue to pilfer while the public argues over whose gaggle of criminals are better. It’s like having two motors on your fishing boat thinking if one breaks you have a reserve but both haven’t been flushed and maintained and they both break leaving you stuck. The only fix is everyone on the boat grabs a paddle and gets to work. Arguing and pointing fingers why the motors broke won’t solve anything. Everyone neglected the motors and assumed they would just keep running magically. Well we have a broken government and it’s not going to fix itself. Have fun paddling people.

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• silverfish
                              Foot Soldier
                              • Mar 2007

Here’s a Look Back at 5 of Sidney Powell’s Nuttiest 2020 Election Claims in the Wake of Her Plea Deal
                              Originally posted by sadaist
                              I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

• Kristy
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
                                Current reality is really depressing. I would agree that it almost seems hopeless. Corruption is everywhere.
                                Whaaaaat? Is there no shithead on the internet with a shitty blog or "X" account that can red pill us into correcting the problem?

Comment

Working...