Mary J. Blige
    Cher
    Dave Matthews Band
    Foreigner
    Peter Frampton
    Kool & the Gang
    Ozzy Osbourne
    A Tribe Called Quest

Four out of the eight inductees were on the ballot for the first time, including Cher,
    Foreigner, Kool & the Gang and Frampton.

Additionally, Alexis Korner, John Mayall and Big Mama Thornton have been given the
    Musical Influence Award.
    Jimmy Buffett, MC5, Dionne Warwick and Norman Whitfield earned the Musical Excellence
    Award, and finally, Suzanne de Passe was given the Ahmet Ertegun Award.

Originally posted by sadaist
    I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

• Terry
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by silverfish
      2024 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductees

Mary J. Blige
      Cher
      Dave Matthews Band
      Foreigner
      Peter Frampton
      Kool & the Gang
      Ozzy Osbourne
      A Tribe Called Quest

Four out of the eight inductees were on the ballot for the first time, including Cher,
      Foreigner, Kool & the Gang and Frampton.

Additionally, Alexis Korner, John Mayall and Big Mama Thornton have been given the
      Musical Influence Award.
      Jimmy Buffett, MC5, Dionne Warwick and Norman Whitfield earned the Musical Excellence
      Award, and finally, Suzanne de Passe was given the Ahmet Ertegun Award.

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/rock...nnounced-2024/
      Wasn't aware of the various award subsets (Musical Influence Award, Musical Excellence Award), although wouldn't a band's degree of influence and excellence be part and parcel as to them being nominated/inducted in the first place?

I find it bemusing as to whoever out there in rock fandom bitches that such and such didn't make it on the first try or whatever, since clearly everybody and anybody will get in there eventually.

Have never been to the place myself, but I imagine I'd have the same reaction I did when going to a Hard Rock establishment and seeing some famous musician's instrument or item of clothing under glass...the reaction being that rock and roll placed in a museum or inertly encased in glass represents the exact opposite of the living, breathing nature of rock and roll that attracted me to the music form in the first place.

But, you know, whatever...as a living, breathing thing rock and roll has pretty much petered out anyway.
      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Working...