X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Decibel Geek Podcast: Van Halen Discussion

Got an email from the host of the attached podcast, who had a Van Halen discussion recently.

Comment away....

<object height="346" width="480"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/><param name="movie" value="http://player.wizzard.tv/player/o/i/x/132698272836/config/k-a2bfdd2bf5bb6f0f/uuid/null/episode/k-c52d890a680d24ee"/><embed src="http://player.wizzard.tv/player/o/i/x/132698272836/config/k-a2bfdd2bf5bb6f0f/uuid/null/episode/k-c52d890a680d24ee" name="movie" menu="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" AllowScriptAccess="always" AllowFullScreen="true" width="480" height="346"/></object>
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

I'm listening to this as I posted it....

First comment - The guy being interviewed is a rumor monger, frankly... Already heard a few incorrect statements....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Dec 2003

Caveat: At the time of this interview, they've only listened to the 30 second snippet....

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
        ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

A new album for the 07/08 tour that was put on the shelf?.That guy sounds like a tool.Cool stuff though thanks Va
        I really love you baby, I love what you've got
        Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

Dude...I got this too...and decided not to post it...

NOt only was there shit that was absolutely wrong...and out and out lies...

but fuck me...

The guy that was being interviewed DIDN'T FUCKING KNOW THE NAME OF WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST!!!

and I don't even want to get into the fucking opinions...

Take it the fuck outta here...not worth the time of day...
          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
            A new album for the 07/08 tour that was put on the shelf?.That guy sounds like a tool.Cool stuff though thanks Va
            That's utter bullshit...

They shelved an album I believe...but the album that was shelved was another greatest hit-esque kind of album with only the Dave-era stuff...

I'm old and senile...but fairly sure that's what I heard...but I'd never state it as fact...as that fucking idiot did...sorry...no fucking way did they spend time making a complete album...then shelve the entire thing and then still go on tour...and seriously...who the fuck would produce it...then never say a word about it..fucking horseshit...

This podcast is a giant pile of shite...
            "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Julius
              Foot Soldier
              • Jan 2004

As long as this thread remains, you're driving traffic his way. Fuck this guy, delete the thread entirely.

Just my opinion...

Comment

• Hardrock69
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Feb 2005

Lol. He is someone I have met, recently. He is a friend of a friend. Not saying I know anything more, as having my shitty dialup connection, I have been unable to listen to any of his podcasts at all.

I coulda told him to be sure he had his stuff straight before sending it here though.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

...and they admitted to liking shit on VH3...

VHFUCKING3!!!!

Maybe it was supposed to be humorous...yeah...maybe it's a parody of a real podcast on the new shit...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                    Lol. He is someone I have met, recently. He is a friend of a friend. Not saying I know anything more, as having my shitty dialup connection, I have been unable to listen to any of his podcasts at all.

I coulda told him to be sure he had his stuff straight before sending it here though.
                    Tell them that I have it on good source...and I won't tell anyone my source...

That Van Halen actually made an exact duplicate of VH1 in 2007...I mean...this fucking album sounded identical to VH1, same album cover...same songs...same everything...AND THEY ACTUALLY RELEASED IT!!!

But nobody knew...

hmmm....

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                      • Dec 2003

I got a follow up email from him, he concedes that neither of them were diehards....

So I told him, not too much VH-wise gets by us....

Comment

• Matt White
                        • Jun 2004

ANd I don't recall all this "Drama" surrounding the 2007-8 tour....

EVH needed to to "take a break"....and came back and finished up now problem.....

The "bad feelings" & 'seperate dressing rooms" was the 2004 FLEECE THE SHEEP TOUR.............................

for Fucks sake...this is just plain D-U-M-B...................................

but that aside...people are talking about this upcoming tour.... ROLLING STONE had VAN HALEN at #2 for "Most anticipated tours of 2012....

and no...I didn't even bother to look at #1....it sure as FUCK ain't CHICKENSHIT!!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!

Comment

Working...