• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
    Probably touring with The Jonas Brothers as a side show Disney act
    The advantage of dying at the top of your game is you don't live long enough to fuck up a good thing.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• VAiN
      Use my hand, I won't look
      ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Nitro Express
      I often wonder what Hendrix would be like today if he was still alive. It's kind of amazing how people evolve.
      You think EVH is a mess? Hendrix would be equally, if not more, braindead then Eddie on his worst day in 2009.. of course Hendrix died young.. like Eddie right around WACF... what do you think you'd be saying about EVH if he died in 1980/81? Seriously, you guys talking shit about EVH and hailing Hendrix makes me sick. Apples and oranges.
      Originally posted by wiseguy
      That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

Hendrix wasn't the complete addict that Ed was or is...

He'd probably be doing like Buddy Guy or Clapton these days...and clean just like those guys...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Nitro Express
          The advantage of dying at the top of your game is you don't live long enough to fuck up a good thing.
          Now that's one outstanding post....
          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• ELVIS
            Banned
            • Dec 2003

But what's the point if you're gone ??

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

What asshole closed this thread ??

Kiss my ass! We have a nice discussion going on here...

Comment

• Angel
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Jan 2004

Buddy Guy has always been my favourite guitarist. I was raised on his stuff!
                "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• ELVIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2003

Please tell me if those are your real titties...

Comment

• Panamark
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                    Please tell me if those are your real titties...
                    Im ashamed you posted that !! :tongue0011:

lol... gotcha back !!!
                    BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                    Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• darkknight
                      Groupie
                      • Mar 2004

I have the ability to kinda make a solo (and rhythm) flow with a bit of flair, which to me was the most impressive thing about Edward...and he's how I learned it...

But that's exactly what he lacked on the last tour and it was sad to see...

Oh, how bout this one ??

Killing Floor 1966 - before he ripped his speakers...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EuumI7gKuVQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EuumI7gKuVQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

And check out how the song evolved in less than one year...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lDP9EPL6okE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lDP9EPL6okE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Actually, the first one, black and white is from 1969 in Stockholm. The color one is 1967 at Monterrey. A couple things give it away. The main one is he's playing a CBS Strat with maple neck in the b&w. He played the pre-CBS's with rosewood boards before those. Another, Mitch's hair is long and straight in the first one. He had short curly hair when they started out.

EVH is right, he's nothing like Hendrix. While I admire Ed for all he's done, he's nowhere near as creative nor the songwriter Jimi was. Jimi produced most of his own stuff. Ed is lost in the studio without someone at the helm. We've heard his records when nobody was there to say no....ahem....VHIII....

If I had to choose between the two it would be Jimi, handsdown. So much more to listen to.

Comment

• GAR
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by hideyoursheep
                        Hendrix appreciation....why not?

Ed's been looking for a guitar that does what he wants his whole life.

What does he want?

A guitar that plays itself while he sits at home on his ass?
                        Yes please, and if it can self-ignite a butane torch flametip for the glass pipe smokings, all the better..

Comment

• GAR
                          Banned
                          • Jan 2004

Hendrix wasn't the complete addict that Ed was or is...
                          His manager Mike Jeffrey was ripping the band off blind, Jimi being black, unable to do anything, no access to funds, depression issues.. I'd say Hendrix was nothing of an addict the way EVH has been both insulated, and enabled to continue his addictions.

Jimi only had the support of wellwishers and hangerons.

Jimi was incredibly creative.

Jimi was both an interesting, and authoritative lead vocalist.

Jimi wrote in double-entenre's.

Jimi's poetry influenced the world.

EVH is already mostly forgotten.. Jimi will never be forgotten.

Comment

• GAR
                            Banned
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo

Hendrix wrote and produced more albums worth of original material in 3 years than Ed has done in 30.
                            "I pull into a gas station, and people go 'hey where you been - how come you ain't doin nothin lately?'

Just because I ain't put nothin' out dont mean I haven't done anything.."

Ten albums.. in the can!

Maybe he means: he's got ten albums of recording of him shitting in the can.

I understand from one old interview, the guy has amp inputs near the toilet in case he has an idea while going potty.

A shitty idea is still shit ideas.. I bet Ed has at least 30 albums of shitty ideas. At least!

Comment

• ELVIS
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2003

No way...

If he had ANYTHING those three songs with Hagar would be at least somewhat better...

Comment

• ELVIS
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by darkknight
                                Actually, the first one, black and white is from 1969 in Stockholm.
                                I realised that last night when I saw a clip from the same show with a song from Electric Lady Land...

But thanks for pointing that out...

I should have at least caught the guitar differences...

I have almost 15 Strats...

Comment

Working...